Wednesday, March 20, 2013

5 Point Plan

We want you to incorporate an eating guide designed especially for you 

Important:

Before you start the challenge, we've created a few forms that will help you keep track of your progress.  Print them, fill them out and hang them where you can see them.


Click here for more 5 point plan goal ideas.

You can choose to follow our plans, design your own or incorporate another plan that you have found online.  First off, we should state that we specifically don't like following restrictive eating plans. Some people, for example, like to use apps, like My Fitness Pal, to keep track of their calories. Other people like to eat 6 small meals a day and some follow a  specific nutrition program.  We are not against any of these ideas, however, we do better with a simple check list that we follow to keep us on the right track.  

Guidelines to follow in designing your own 5 point check list:

Daily goals:  We also recommend including things other than diet and exercise as a part of our 5 point plan.  Because we aren't just taking control of our health, we want to be successful in all aspects of our lives.

Free calories:  We like to include these because you should be realistic, you will have a treat from time to time, and that is okay as long as you are in control.


Be realistic: If your checklist can't be incorporated into your everyday life, then change it!  If you want to live a fit life and stay fit, you have to have a plan that supports your new lifestyle.  A big mistake we have made and many others make, is they start diet plans that are impossible to stick with for the rest of their lives. 

Remember, if you have a bad day, don't just give up.  This isn't an all or nothing program. We truly want it to be your new way of life.

Stay consistent!  Consistency is the only way you will be able to lose or maintain a balanced weight.  Think of your weight loss from day to day.  Don't be impatient with your results.  Remember, if you are consistent with your diet and workouts, you will eventually hit your goals!

 Hannah's weight loss plan: 
(10 more pounds to go UNTIL I hit my goal of 100 pounds lost!)
This plan is designed to spike your metabolism.  If I stick to this plan, I will finally hit my goal.  148 pounds I'm coming for you!
  • 8 cups of water a day
  • 5-6 small meals a day (ex: orange with 12 almonds, cheese and vegetables, apple with cheese, protein shake, 2 small eggs with cheese).  I will do a post with small healthy snacks to fit into your day.  This is where Pinterest is my best friend.  There are so many tips and tricks to healthy snacking.
  • 100% effort for every daily challenge
  • 300 free calories a week
  • No whites/junk (Refer to our earlier post if you need a reminder of what this means)   
Elise's maintenance plan
  • Only 100 calories of sugar or white flour daily
  • 8 cups of water a day
  • work out at least 1 hour 6 days a week
  • no soda/diet soda
  • do my assigned cleaning jobs around the house
Jess's 5 point plan
  • Only 300 calories of junk or whites a day.
  • no more than 1800 calories a day.
  • 8 cups of water a day
  • 1 hour of exercise, 5 days a week.
  • Be in bed by 11pm Monday-Thursday.
      I just stumbled on to this blog for healthy snack ideas!  It is awesome.  Check it out and incorporate some of the ideas in your plan!













5 comments:

  1. I think the most important aspect for success is consistency. Stick with it over time and get results. That is why it is so important to choose goals that you can live with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We completely agree! There is no way we would have ever gotten the result we have if we weren't consistent. Thanks for reminding me to mention it in the above post!

      Delete
  2. Ladies, I love your suggestions! I'm so excited to start following your plan. I've already started using My Fitness Pal app this week because counting calories works better for me. I hate limiting what I eat, so I find it better to limit how much I eat. I'm already surprised at how I'm eating more calories than I realized!

    Out of curiosity, how do you incorporate your diet with your family? Do you prepare a different meal for yourself? Or do you change the diet for your kids and husband? I'm not married, so I don't have to worry about this, but I'm interested to hear what others do. Thanks so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part we just prepare a healthy mean and eat it with them, but we need to be better at that! We get busy and we go out with our families a lot. We just make sure to order something healthy and low in calories. The nice thing is most places have a calorie count on the menu or you can ask to see it. My Fitness Pal is an awesome app. We use it often. We are so excited to get to know you and we welcome you to our challenge!

      Delete
  3. I am trying to incorporate a very clean and lean/protein filled way of eating so that I can get some serious toning going on combined with a lot of weight lifting. That's what my brother who is a body builder and my aunt who is a physique competitor are telling me I have to do to cut. Elise and Jessica, you ladies look the kind of cut that I want to be. And Jessica, we have very similar body types. I'm trying to make this way of eating my lifestyle, is this the way you try to eat? I do very few breads, lots of veggies/fruits, eggs, turkey, chicken, and fish, doing my very best to cut out sugar and cereal. i've only been doing it for 2 weeks. Just curious on if you have been really strict in this way of eating to get so cut? I tend to hate feeling deprived if I want pizza or something, I'm trying to figure out how strict I really have to be, or if I can get the results I want eating pretty well, but counting calories also if I do want pizza or cereal or something? Everyone just keeps telling me I have to be so strict to become cut, and then I can relax a little when I'm maintaining. Sorry so long...

    ReplyDelete