Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tasty Tuesday





Most of us have fast pace lives; we don't have time to spend an hour or two in the kitchen for one meal, let alone 3!  This is, at least, what my life feels like.  These "Tasty Tuesday" quick meals are ones Elise, Hannah and I make as very busy moms!  I know, for me, when I have to make a healthy, tasty meal, I'm much more likely to do it and not just run and get take out, if it only takes 15 to 20 min!  So, here's one of those recipes!  I hope some of you try this for yourselves!  And if any of you have some good, quick meals like this, please let us know.  We all can benefit from sharing our healthy tips! - Jess


Pizza with Tossed Broccoli Salad
Quick, Yummy and Healthy!!!


This is what I'm making today.




Ingredients:
100% Whole Wheat "Boboli" Pizza Crust.
Any Pizza Sauce you like.
Any Shredded Cheese you like.
Any Meats you like (I like turkey pepperoni and deli turkey, because they are quick, tasty and healthy).
Finally, any Veggies you like (I like peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, avocado and, if I would have had some, I love spinach too!).

Instructions:
Spread pizza sauce on Boboli crust.  Cover with shredded cheese.  Place your choice of meat and veggies evenly on top of the pizza.  Follow the cooking directions on the Boboli package (450 degrees for 8 to 10 min.)  Pop it in the oven!
 
 
 
 
For the Side
A Very Quick, Tossed Broccoli Salad
 
 
 
Ingredients:
As much Broccoli pieces as you want.
12 to 14 Chopped Almonds, because it's about a 1/2 serving(80 cal. worth). 
As many Shredded Carrots as you want.
A little Fat Free or Light Poppy Seed Dressing.
One wedge of Light "Laughing Cow" Creamy Swiss Cheese.

Instructions:
Shake up all the ingredients in a piece of tupperware with a lid.  So easy!!!


Now Enjoy Your Tasty, Healthy Meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment